Sivut

14.2.2014

Feels like yesterday

I can't believe how fast time is running by! Today is remarkable in Filand's high schools.

Today is the day when high school seniors leave the school and for that they throw a party that we call Penkkarit. According pictures I've seen it's European thing.

Penkkarit is a dress up party and our theme was Pirates. I can't believe it's been ONE YEAR! I know it's cliche to say but it really feels like yesterday.
Traditionally we get up on trucks and drive around town throwing candy to people that are watching. It's like a parade. During the night you always have afterparty and everybody gets really wasted :'D

Also today TWO YEARS AGO I had my high school prom we call Vanhojen tanssit (Old's Dance). Because the seniors are leaving school second year students become the oldest in the school. That was the moment I waited the most, my two days as a princess. On Thursday night the "Old ones" dance to their parents and on Friday they first dance to the whole school.  After noon they go to Stadium where everyone can come to watch.
 They present every one of us by name and we have to walk on the stage, it's kinda scary but still pretty neat.
 I think the total amount of dances we had to study was 10 or 11 all together. But it was fun I like to dance!
 Gosh look how skinny I was! 
Well I did kiss high school goodbye and that part of my life is over now and I'm glad. But still you miss it sometimes. It was so safe and familiar. I had a good high school time.

And this is a good way to finish this post.

If someone is interested you can read my posts about prom and senior party here and here ( in Finnish!)

xoxo / Laura

Please ignore mistakes...

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Kommentit piristävät aina!

Comments always cheer me up!